jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

My GSD pup (9 weeks old) is always looking for the feed in hand whenever to go o

1. profile image60
    AlWaNaposted 2 months ago

My GSD pup (9 weeks old) is always looking for the feed in hand whenever to go out.

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 2 months ago

Please rephrase your question. If you cannot do so ask someone else who speaks English to help you.

1. profile image60
      AlWaNaposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Well, What have you understood from my question ? please.

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
      DrMark1961posted 2 months agoin reply to this

You give her treats to encourage her to go out, and now she will not go outside without being given a treat? What is the feed in the hand?

3. profile image60

Thank you for your replies @Dr Mark.
      Quite right. Whenever, I go out to see him (its a male pup) in his area, he looks for feed in my hand. Approach hands by jumping and licks hands. On not finding his (dry) feed, he gets disappointed, please.

4. DrMark1961 profile image100

He is a little puppy. Use his behavior as a way to train him. When you go to him, carry a few treats and teach him to sit and lie down before you will treat him. If you need more info see my article on training a puppy early. (check my profile page)

5. profile image60

And Dr Mark, the puppy is presently settled at the terrace, where he is well potty trained. I intend to shift him in the courtyard of my house. Will he carry his potty habits there too ? i.e., to go for pishi and potty at a distant place? please.

6. DrMark1961 profile image100

He should have no problems, but remember to keep the area as clean as possible so that he does not adverse to using the area. If the smells are strong and he is locked up there he may not want to go in the area where he is expected to sleep.

working