jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Baby Squirrel

1. Michael Willis profile image79
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

As I went outside this evening, I walked to the corner of the backyard fence and heard a noise in the leaves. I looked and couldn't see anything. I turned to walk away and heard it again.

I squatted down and I could see what looked like a gray blur moving in the leaves. I tapped my thigh and then I saw it. It was a baby squirrel. It was very tiny. Could have easily fit in the palm of my hand.

I stood still, as to not scare the poor thing or bring the wrath of Mother Squirrel from the tree tops! The little creature came within a foot before I patted my leg again, this time louder.

As I turned to walk away the little baby squirrel finally turned and hopped back to the tree from which it came. They are so adorable when they are this small.

This is not the squirrel I saw, but this what they look like this small.

http://www.aperio.org/media/mediabum/baby_squirrel_18.jpg

But...they are such a nuisance when they grow up. I have had two sets of patio furniture coverings torn to pieces by these rodents! lol

Now...they are extremely tasty in a stew! Like squirrel Mulligan Stew! Yummy.

2. blondepoet profile image72
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

I wish we had them in Australia. Maybe you could post one over Michael. smile

Michael Willisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would gladly send all of mine over. They can be cute, but they are destructive little animals.

Michael Willisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Or as I should say little rodents!

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

aaa they are so cute when they are babies...even when they grow up and are destructive little brats. I remember pointing at a squirrel once and it ran up and bit my finger jeez..my poor fingers keep getting hurt!

working