Watch your kids!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Check out the following video. It's rather sad, and yes it's pet related. Here's the gist:

Mom and grandmother at the house, 2 month old baby in a baby swing by himself in a room with a PUG and a LAB puppy. The 3 month old is attacked by one of the dogs, and no one knows which one, but the family tells the animal control officers to go ahead and euthanize the lab puppy. Watch the video and see how young the puppy is... I'd guess aroung 3-4 months.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=141333

By the way, if you check out the article link with the video, I find it quite humorous that hte title is something like "Dog attacks baby" or whatever. Now, you know if ther was a pit type fog in the house, it would be automattically assumed that the pit bull type dog attacked the baby and the article would be titled "Pit bull attacked baby." In this case they want you to read to find out that although in the video the reporter says they don't know which dog did it, that the lab is being blamed. The entire article says the lab DOG killed the baby, and not a puppy. HELLO! Look at the age of the puppy in the video.

Whatever watch the video :-)

2. Dottie1 profile image60
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

About 2 weeks ago I walked into a house where there was an awaiting pitbull that I didn't know was there.  The owners were outside and I was a complete stranger to the dog.  My immediate reaction, I froze!  He did not bark but walked over to me, smelled my leg and layed down on my foot.  I stayed there until someone came in the house that knew the dog.  Then I bent over, petted him and said "goooooooooood doooooooogie!

3. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

This is yet another sad case of 2 completely preventable deaths of innocent beings. sad

This is exactly why I wrote my How to Prevent Dog Bites Involving Children hub.
    People just do not understand dogs and their interaction with children and babies in particular.

A 2 month old baby left alone in a swing with 2 dogs!

It doesn't matter the size of the dogs or how well behaved they are. Most dogs do not understand what babies are or how they are to be treated. And anyone with a newborn can see how fragile they are. One bite and that's all it takes, and bites can happen in a fraction of a second.

No pet should be left alone with any child under the age of 5 years!!! Please will everyone stop thinking it can't happen to them.

My dog is a trained pet therapy dog who used to work in hospitals. She's wonderful with children, elderly people, mentally ill people and handicapped people. She is trained to be loving to all in all situations and I still would NEVER leave her alone with any child under 5. There is too much risk involved.

This is such a tragic event and the parents will probably never be able to forgive themselves for their lack of judgment.

Everybody loses. Everybody. It's sad sad

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree dogs do not see children and babies as humans because to a dog a baby and young child smells different, sounds different, and looks different, so they do not associate them with adults and older children.

4. shibashake profile image82
    shibashakeposted 15 years ago

Argh, this is just awful. Everyone with a new dog should at least get a "please don't do this" page from their first vet visit. I really think vets should do more to educate people on do's and don'ts since everybody goes to them to get puppy shots.

A fair number of people bring their kids to dog parks, and then let their kids shout and chase the dogs around. All it takes is one irresponsible person, and many end up having to pay the price - especially the dogs.

5. Veronica Bright profile image59
    Veronica Brightposted 15 years ago

I have my Grand babies here, and my Dog Papi does great with them, for the most part.  I still watch him like a hawk when he is around them though.  Dogs are primitive animals, even though domesticated.  They have instincts, and some have more dangerous instincts than other's.  Papi growls more at my 22 month old Grand daughter, and it is starting to concern me, but boy, do  watch him when EITHER of the babies is around him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)