jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Puppy Purchasing When Drunk, a Common City Scourge

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

Puppy Purchasing When Drunk, a Common City Scourge
    By MATT FLEGENHEIMER

New York City pet shop ownership has its challenges: Pushy customers. Yapping pooches. And, it seems, drunken puppy purchasing.

On Tuesday, the news Web site DNAinfo.com reported that two Greenwich Village pet shops had policies barring visibly intoxicated patrons from buying, playing with, or even cradling puppies.

It turns out that the phenomenon is even more widespread. Of seven city pet store owners or employees interviewed by The New York Times, some with multiple shops, all but one said the store had explicit guidelines for dealing with intoxicated customers.
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/ … f=nyregion

had no idea that this was such a problem!!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Stacie,

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Are you a paid poster? I only ask because of the number of threads you open and you always seem to have a link to refer to.

Please indulge, I am only curious. hmm

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 6 years ago in reply to this

not at all! I'm being responsible and not presenting this as my own article. that's what you're supposed to do.I see articles that interest me and think others will also be interested.

3. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

If the NYT's or The Pet Store Lobbyist Group are hiring posters, I want in! ..

1. MelissaBarrett profile image62
      MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me too!

working