jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

My dogs are sulking.....

1. debbie roberts profile image88
    debbie robertsposted 5 years ago

Out of our three dogs, one is sick - on the mend - loves me because she's being fed chicken and rice at the moment, but hating me for having to give her medicine twice daily. So she is definitely sulking
    The other dogs are staring me out in that pathetic way dogs do when they are desperate for something - chicken and rice in this case - but not wanting to interact with me, even though I've taken the time to explain the situation to them - I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this!! A sure sign of sulking.
    I'm not sure what's worse, hubby in a sulk, children in a sulk or sulking dogs.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The other dogs are just jealous.

1. mary615 profile image94
        mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I took my little Schnauzer, Baby,  to be groomed today, and she has pouted ever since.  She hates a bath.  It's like she thinks I punished her for something. Won't play...just sits and glares at me.

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dogs have feeling you know. I think we should learn dog talk so they can tell us exactly what they want.

1. mary615 profile image94
            mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

My Baby and I communicate very well.  I swear she can tell time. She knows when it's play time at 4PM, and again at 8PM.  She knows when it's walk time at 6 PM.   She lets me know when she is ready, too.  She makes a special little sound.  I even wrote a Hub about her:  she's the Queen of our house!

2. debbie roberts profile image88
          debbie robertsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My daughters Yorkshire Terrier is much like that...

2. 2besure profile image83
      2besureposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's not nice to play favorites!  Give them little chicken and rice too.  Just a little to show you luv them too.

1. debbie roberts profile image88
        debbie robertsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Everytime I open the fridge door there they are looking hopeful.You have to laugh. Maybe a little later...

1. MarloByDesign profile image84
          MarloByDesignposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL, yes, EVERY time I open the fridge - or have a snack - I get that "me too" look from my dogs.

3. auspicious12day profile image60
      auspicious12dayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why do we treat our dogs like children?  I'm guilty too. Especially when they need meds. It's hard to be matter of fact and do the dreaded job of giving them meds.  Fortunately mine take pills in bread with peanut butter. Now the ears are a sensitive area...I'll wait when when  I'm watching TV and kind of sneak up on them when they are on my lap. 

As far as all doggie's at the fridge, I agree,  why not give them all a little chicken and rice, or a biscuit for each of them.

2. GmaGoldie profile image84
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Dogs are your family. Family dynamics are always challenging. Keep up the doctoring and you will return to the stability you enjoyed once before.

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Sulking dogs for sure, there is something just pathetically discomforting about a sulking dog.

working