- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Fun Kid Crafts for a Rainy day
Learn the alphabet
Crafts for Kids
It is a good idea to have an arsenal of crafts for kids to do on a rainy day, or actually on any day. The kids will learn or reinforce their knowledge of the alphabet with this craft, and have fun while doing it. It is always a challenge for adults to keep kids entertained doing something productive, and keep them away from the TV set and computer games. Doing crafts with your kids is a rewarding and satisfy way to spend quality time together. Children love to create things and they are a sponge for learning new ideas and concepts, and generally have a great deal of pride with their finished product. Don't put off spending time with your kids to do housework or other chores as that can usually wait for another time.
Kids Love to Do Crafts
Kids love when mom organizes fun crafts to do, especially on a rainy day when they have to stay indoors. Bringing out different recycled items to work into crafts. teaches kids how to be resourceful as well as protect the planet. The kids will have fun drawing, pasting and cutting. This craft is suitable for kids who are familiar with the alphabet. If they have difficulty using a safety scissors you can assist them.
Have the supplies handy
Things You Will Need:
- White cardstock
- A 12-inch ruler
- A pencil
- Craft glue
- Magazine pictures
- A pair of scissors
- Different color marking pens
- Cut 26 cardstock squares in 5-inch squares.
- Have the kids measure a straight line in the center of each card and write each letter of the alphabet with a pencil and fill in with different color marking pens.
- Go through the magazines and find different pictures that start with each letter of the alphabet.
- Cut the pictures out.
- The kids can glue each picture on the back of the alphabet cards to go with the letter.
- They can quiz each other with the cards.
Adding New Cards for the Craft
This craft can be an ongoing project that you can bring out when the kids get restless or bored.The kids can continue to cut pictures from magazines whenever they have some spare time. keep all your old magazines and print pictures from the internet. books or magazines. The kids will be easily learning letters and words and have a great time sharing with each other. So add this activity to your crafts for kids arsenal.
Kids Crafts on Rainy Days
How Do you Keep your Kids Busy on Rainy Days?
Hubs on Different Crafts to Read
- How to Paint with Acrylic Paints
Try a new hobby--acrylic painting. Go buy a set of paints and dig right in. You may be surprised at your ability.
- DIY Craft Ideas: Make and Sell your Crafts
Napkins and placemats are a favorite with people. Find places to sell your crafts and enjoy making some extra money with your talents.
- How To Make Beautiful Gift baskets To Give for Gifts
You can make your own beautiful gift baskets. Find supplies at a hobby shop. People love receiving these gift baskets.
- DIY Decorative Pillow and Towel Ties
These pillow and towel ties decorate a room with color and design. They are easy to make and have many uses.
- How To Decoupage a Table Top Easily
Decoupage an old table top and give it some personality. It is easy to do and looks good even if you make a few mistakes.