jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

can't thread the needle. I get to "6" in the thread route and can't see where to

1. profile image44
    SandyReevesposted 8 years ago

can't thread the needle. I get to "6" in the thread route and can't see where to pass the thread

2. profile image44
    Chickadeeposted 8 years ago

How about putting a piece of paper preferably of different color to the thread, behind the needle so you can see the hole. There are some gadgets in the market, too.

Good luck.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Most sewing machines have a manual which can show you how to thread the machine.  If you don't have a copy, most companies now make the manuals available as downloads from the company websites.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

I have problems with this myself and I am a seamtress.  What I did is get a pair of READING glasses so it magnifies the area that you are looking at.  They are about $6.00- $10.00 at Walmart or a Drug Store.  The other thing that I got were the needle threaders that you use to thread regular needles.  I bent it to allow me to put it into the needle and bring the thread through that way.  It works!  It's cheap, and it works!  You will find more uses for those READING glasses when you sew then you could ever imagine.  I also wear them when I have to rip out a seam or have to find the thread to pull out of one.

5. profile image44
    SandyReevesposted 7 years ago

thanks for the responses ladies.  I should have been more specific, my machine has the capacity to thread the needle for you, that's the part I couldn't figure out how to use.  I went to the shop it came from the next day and they showed me.

however, I do need to get a pair of those "cheater" glasses, as I've heard them referred to, I've just been in denial! LOL  I have used some of the tricks mentioned to manually thread my needle, putting the paper behind the needle is my favorite.  thanks for your responses!!