jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you sold any of your art?

1. waynet profile image73
    waynetposted 8 years ago

Have you sold any of your art?

2. Melissa R. profile image52
    Melissa R.posted 8 years ago

Hi there,
    Yes I have sold a few. My Dark Angel seems to be a very hot one. Many seem to relate to her. I have become quite popular with the gothic crowd. I have not put the whole collection up yet, which is called Hollwed Hearts.

3. artguy profile image71
    artguyposted 8 years ago

Yes I have, I mostly sell on eBay. Even though i do have a couple of websites I have sold very little art from them.

4. robertsloan2 profile image91
    robertsloan2posted 8 years ago

Yes, I lived on selling my art during the 1990s at several points. I found out how physical it is to sell art in person and that's why I no longer do it.

I probably would've earned more if I wasn't disabled, people do not buy art from someone who's sick, passing out, in pain and would rather be home in bed. They want to buy from a happy artist who's enjoying the process and completely focused on it, rather than just drug out and hoping the pain will go away.

Online, there are many ways of selling art from selling it yourself on gallery sites and blogs, to doing commissions, to using sites like ArtFire, eBay, Etsy and others to make it available. I'd say it's easier today for anyone to sell art than it was in the past because you're less dependent on living in a place with a thriving art market.

5. eonsaway profile image58
    eonsawayposted 8 years ago

Not online, still checking out things and learning how would be the best way.  Have been doing art shows for fifteen years.