jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What are the best easy handmade crafts that actually sell pretty steadily?

1. thranax profile image51
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

What are the best easy handmade crafts that actually sell pretty steadily?

There are many handmade crafts someone could create but selling them is the hard part. Even pieces that a lot of hard work goes into might not sell or are not worth the time to make. So simply put, seasonal or not seasonal which crafts take the cake and sell off the table(and online) every single time in quantity?

2. ksmusselman profile image60
    ksmusselmanposted 5 years ago

I actually think it depends on the niche.  For example, you might make really cute custom headbands for babies that might sell like hotcakes but then make headbands for young girls or teens and they'd be a flop.

I really think the absolute best way to find out is first, what can you make?  What would you be interesting in making? 

For an online shop, check out places  like Etsy, which is pretty much the "authority" site for handmade crafts.  I'm not sure if you can do a search on Sold items though.

Next, head over to eBay and do a search for that item.  Be sure to check the Completed Listings only because that's what will tell you what's selling and how quickly.  There are still a lot of crafters that sell on eBay yet, instead of or even in addition to places like Etsy.

Once you're satisfied that what you enjoy making and can make fast will also sell fast at a nice profit, then you're ready to start making and selling!

As far as "off the table," like at a local craft show or flea market, that would depend on your geographical location what people in your area like.  A good example are the wooden lawn crafts my husband makes.  We headed north about an hour to a craft fair and sold out.  Locally and online, we didn't make a dime. :-/

I know my answer is pretty generalized but it's not an easy question to give a straightforward answer to.  A lot of it depends on geographics and demographics.  But I hope this helps a little bit.  :-)

1. thranax profile image51
      thranaxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It does make sense I can say that much. Not what im looking for. There has to be something that is common in most places that will sell considerably well. So many crafters make products that just sit around year after year that dont sell!

2. ksmusselman profile image60
      ksmusselmanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A couple of ideas then might be like handcrafted collars for pets.  Diaper cakes always seem to be hot sellers, especially if you're really creative and imaginative.  Towel & washcloth cakes for bridal showers sell pretty good too.  Just some ide

3. Patty Kenyon profile image73
    Patty Kenyonposted 5 years ago

I am not sure what what type of craft you are referring to and I agree with ksmusselman, it does depend on the niche, location, etc.

Years ago, I used to do craft shows...I crochet and knit.  My biggest guaranteed sellers were my crocheted bears, crocheted earrings/matching choker, knitted sweaters (but take a long time and seasonal) and Christmas stockings(again seasonal).

The reason why those sold is because they were one of a kind.  Other crafters sold the same type of item, for example, crocheted blankets.  People like items that no one else has and that are unique. 

I hope this helps!!

working