jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I want to make a quilt with different shades of purple. What would be the best

1. live4god4 profile image55
    live4god4posted 8 years ago

I want to make a quilt with different shades of purple. What  would be the best pattern to use?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 8 years ago

That depends on how you want it to look. Personally, I would use triangles creating squares from light to dark. A pale purple on the inside and then a dark frame. But there are sites you can consult and even pictures you can look at.

This site might be helpful.
    http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I do crazy quilting because it's so random and love doing the embroidery that helps pull it altogether. smile Good luck!

4. profile image51
    kellysewnsewposted 8 years ago

How to make a purple quilt?

I do not know your skill level, but if you think in terms of sunburst, you could go from dark to light, or light to dark. You could use squares or diamonds, to get a great effect. Get your graph paper out and just doodle it. Try light to dark to light? Just so you know, there is no 'best' pattern to use. You could use a search engine to look for black and white or two-tone quilts, then add your own colors. I hope this helps, and be sure to post a picture when you are done! I can't wait to see it.

5. KMichell profile image59
    KMichellposted 8 years ago

Depending on your shades and number of various colors you may want to do my personal favorite pattern. Mariners Compas. It is however, not for the beginner. If you are all ready a quilter with a few items under your belt you might want to give this a try.

6. shellyakins profile image70
    shellyakinsposted 7 years ago

I recently made a purple baby quilt.  One of the fabrics had ballet dancers on them.  I cut the fabric into 6 1/2" squares, randomly arranged them and sewed together.  I made the border and binding out of pink to draw out the color in the dancers dresses.

You may also want to look at an Irish chain, depending on how many different shades of purple you have.  A Bargello pattern may also look good if you have several different colors and shades.

working