jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does your photography ever inspire your poetry?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Does your photography ever inspire your poetry?

2. HopefulPoet profile image55
    HopefulPoetposted 7 years ago

As a matter of fact it does.  Most of the time.  I have had something rattling around in my head, though that I have had to find the "perfect" situation to fit the poetry.
    I actually use my photos as the backdrop for my poetry instead of setting it up side by side.  You can see more of my work on facebook at parker's pasttimes.

3. rachel's garden profile image56
    rachel's gardenposted 7 years ago

Indeed it does. The moments of positive or negative experience are suspended in the photograph one takes. Along with the real- time experience are the emotional,spiritual, physical impressions one may not be able to express at the moment. Photographs permit  repeat encounters of the experience and brings about previous impressions, now easier to express, filtered into finer grains by the passage of time.
    Come visit our hub page, Rachel"s Garden. We published some photographs with captions in our first hub, "The Infinite Pleasures Of Gardening".

4. echolishes profile image61
    echolishesposted 7 years ago

No. It's more like my poetry inspires my photography.

5. Powerpoe1 profile image56
    Powerpoe1posted 7 years ago

Yes, it's true a picture is worth a thousand words!

6. Kellie Prowse profile image59
    Kellie Prowseposted 2 years ago

Definitely! I used to always want to write. Now that I've become a photographer, I have expanded my writing skills to explain some of my photography.