jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Hi, Does anyone know where I could download a knitting pattern - free or bought

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I could download a knitting pattern - free or bought - for a hand...

knitted draft excluder/door stop? Many thanks in advance for your help.

2. Chris Simiriglia profile image60
    Chris Simirigliaposted 7 years ago

Do you belong to Ravelry.com?  It is a knitting and crochet online community.  There are a million patterns for everything you can imaging... both free and low cost.  I love it and sign on almost everyday to see what's new in the knitting world! Good luck with your search.

3. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this information. I'm not a member but will join today. We're looking for more novelty things to knit for a couple of fund raisers. One for the local Prem Baby Unit and the other for 'Second Chance -  Rescue Dogs Shelter'. So your information is very warmly received. Many thanks again.

4. ChemKnitsBlog profile image72
    ChemKnitsBlogposted 7 years ago

In addition to Ravelry, Knitting Pattern Central http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php has a huge list of free knitting patterns organized in categories. 

Good luck and happy knitting!

5. Nancy B. profile image72
    Nancy B.posted 5 years ago

Both of the suggestions already made are good. Ravelry.com is a social site for fiber enthusiasts that also has a large catalog of free and to pay patterns.
    Knitting Pattern Central is an adequate resource. I find a lot of broken links when I go through that site looking for a pattern.
    You can also enter your parameters into your favorite search engine to see what comes up. Unfortunately, a lot of knitting pattern lists were put out there a long time ago and have been left to disintegrate as their links have disappeared. But there are several yarn manufacturer, craft catalogs and craft magazine sites that offer free patterns also.
    You have a lot of options for finding free knitting patterns on-line.

working