jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it a wise move to "watermark" your own photos/images before putting it out on

1. MCAT4 profile image59
    MCAT4posted 7 years ago

Is it a wise move to "watermark" your own photos/images before putting it out on the net?

I've looked at this option several times and some watermark images just about ruin the actual picture.  However, to protect your images I can see the advantage.  Can a watermark be removed by someone else if your image is still "saved/stolen/used"?

2. profile image0
    Charlinexposted 7 years ago

I add watermark on every one of my photos. Yes, they can still be removed, but it at least discourages illegal use. Say, if you lock your door, some thief can still break into your home. But you don't want to make it easy for them.

3. Fire Sprinklers profile image54
    Fire Sprinklersposted 7 years ago

Yes it is, people grab images from google everyday 100's of 1000s of times. Your pic could get used (right click view image) and stuck on some fake dating site profile! so could anyones, so watermarking it puts 99% of people of using your pics. smile

4. MCAT4 profile image59
    MCAT4posted 7 years ago

Thank you... I better go to google now to see how to flippin do it!

5. justom profile image71
    justomposted 7 years ago

I guess if you happen to be a professional photographer you might worry but my guess is not many on here have photos worth taking. Jeez, the egos. I have some good ones, go use 'em, who cares!

Closed to reply

working