jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you prefer? Stock pictures or pictures taken by the authors of the hubs

1. skyblugurll1 profile image61
    skyblugurll1posted 7 years ago

What do you prefer?  Stock pictures or pictures taken by the authors of the hubs you read and why?

I take tons of pictures, and I think that stock pictures are ok, but I think it is much more personal for hubbers to take their own pics of things that are mostly about do it yourself topics like cooking and growing.. what do you think?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4499078_f260.jpg

2. mannyrolando profile image59
    mannyrolandoposted 7 years ago

well, my hubs are mostly about photography, so my answer is obvious... I think most people can take a fine picture and use it instead of using stock pictures.

3. profile image0
    Charlinexposted 7 years ago

I totally agree with you, skyblugurll. Even though I am also a stock photographer and love to sell my photos, lol, I do like hubs with the hubber's own photos better. It doesn't matter if the photos are not of professional quality, it's far more personal and interesting than someone else's better photo.

4. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

I think it goes both ways. If I have the ability to take a photo for a graphic that I am looking for, I would prefer to use my own photography.

Yet, sometimes, the pictures you can find off the internet are just perfect and I am feeling lazy and don't feel like working with my own photography.

5. thewayeyeseeit profile image80
    thewayeyeseeitposted 7 years ago

I love using my own photos, and I like seeing the personal photos of others. But there are definitely times when you need a photo that you can't take yourself, so stock will do in those instances.

6. skyblugurll1 profile image61
    skyblugurll1posted 7 years ago

Thanks for answering my question!!  I don't always take the best pictures, but I do try!!  big_smile

7. ChemKnitsBlog profile image72
    ChemKnitsBlogposted 7 years ago

I always try to use my own photos.  I take the photos anyway, so why not share them?

8. meantforsea profile image60
    meantforseaposted 7 years ago

Photos by the hubber, it's more personal.

working