jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who is your favorite artist and why?

1. Danette Watt profile image86
    Danette Wattposted 7 years ago

Who is your favorite artist and why?

I love Piet Mondrian. I like the clean lines and blocks of color in his later works. His style appeals to my organized nature. I could never look at a Jackson Pollack all day.

2. David Stone profile image73
    David Stoneposted 7 years ago

Deborah Julian, versatile and contemporary. Creates beautiful digital fine art and cat art and presents her designs in countless formats.

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Western Watercolour, old, Turner, modern, Blockley.
    Oriental, Hokusai.
    Western Printing, old, Durer. Modern, Louise Stebbing.
    Oriental, Hokusai.
    Oils, old, Turner.  Modern, David Hockney.
    An analyses of why would take too long and I'm not prepared to do the work. Put simply, because I think think they have all participated in turning points in art.

4. Kavita Martin profile image57
    Kavita Martinposted 7 years ago

My favorite artist Jenelle, cause Sounds like tons of fun.

5. profile image45
    shanekeifposted 7 years ago

Art is not a comparative word. Everybody flourishes in the art the love the most and go on to be an expert in that art. Teachers are experts in the art of teaching while a nurse is expert in the art of nursing. Find out the artist with you. Just visit these works of arts:

http://ardeshircowasjee.blogspot.com/p/paintings.html

6. escole61 profile image82
    escole61posted 3 months ago

My taste has changed over the years. I used to like the portrait and renaissance style paintings because the people looked real. Almost like photographs. I mean wrinkles and blemishes etc. Then I began to notice signatures to artists. Like Van Gogh. Everyone can tell his style where colour and thick brush strokes are concerned. Then I came across a French Artist called Bernard Buffet. I don't know why, but I find his works very compelling. There is a sort of drab and dull feel about his work. Yet there is something else. Check him out. See what you think.

working