jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Where do you get inspiration from?

1. TheBlondie profile image59
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

Where do you get inspiration from?

For art mainly...painting, music, etc.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

From nature, and people. Overall from life itself.

3. DLicorish profile image59
    DLicorishposted 6 years ago

I find that I am inspired most by my emotional reaction to other art. Life is great and all, but when I hear a certain song or watch a TV show then I really get a strong response. Sometimes it's like, "Oh God I could write this so much better!" (Twilight) or it could be, "I hope I'm THAT good one day." (Neil Gaiman) or sometimes a writer or artist just has a really cool idea and i think to myself, "I can build on that."

4. nancyme profile image58
    nancymeposted 6 years ago

Life, nature and the people around. I am inspired by the oddities and small things that make life wonderful in general.

5. Maxine Lee profile image63
    Maxine Leeposted 6 years ago

Books, music, culture, life - I'm a children's illustrator so I draw a lot of inspiration from childrens books. Mary Blair in particular inspires me artistically.

6. StayPos profile image82
    StayPosposted 6 years ago

I receive inspiration first and foremost from the Lord :-)
    I give thanks to Him every day and know that all my talents and abilities are gifts, which have been bestowed.

In light of the above declaration, inspiration comes from everywhere!

At any moment it can come.  Sometime it’s a sight that’s seen, a sound that’s heard, or a just right word that’s spoken.  If we are open and alert a spark of inspiration can ignite.

In one instance it may happen very quickly, while in another it may be a deliberate and intentional pursuit.

My wife inspires me. My sister inspires me.  My parents inspire me.

When I see a wonderful movie, or hear a splendid song or see a breath-taking sunset.

When I see s heartache or trouble in the world that often inspires me to pray, give or try to inspire others that this too will pass and that everything is going to be all right. 

Children inspire me.  They’re faith, joy and enthusiasm in spite of the “ reality “ around them.

So essentially, life inspires me each and every day, to love, to learn, to grow, and to make a difference whenever and wherever I can.

Lastly, I’m inspired by this question.  Good job :-)

working