What makes a great piece of painted art in this age of technology?

1. K9keystrokes profile image91
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What makes a great piece of painted art in this age of technology?

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

Can I interject here? As the daughter of a visual artist, let me say that art appreciation is highly individualized and you will get a wide range of opinions on what is considered "great" art. But you specifically asked about painted art in this age of technology. Well, you have partially answered your own question with your wording. anything that can be created solely with technology is not that original-it can be quite artistic, but the creativity you are seeing is not the creativity of the person using the technology,  but rather the creativity of the person who deveolped the software used to create technological art. Personally, technologically-based art cannot replace the  greatness of hand-created artwork, no matter what the medium.

3. Monisajda profile image74
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I think that still, even using technology a talented person can create a beautiful piece of art unlike other person who is not talented and no matter what will come up with mediocre results.

As for the painted art, I think it all boils down to how unique it is and how it affects people. Great art should speak to people, move them, stir their emotions. I personally see a lot of nice pieces of art everywhere but they all seem to be nice, generic and not revolutionary. How many more "copies" of Monet or Degas do we really need?