jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What art form (or means of creative expression) is the most versatile and expres

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 6 years ago

What art form (or means of creative expression) is the most versatile and expressive?

In your opinion.

2. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 6 years ago

Writing. There are just so many levels of expression that you can reach when you write something. Its really up to you to decide how much you want to say and to whom.

3. Princess Prisca profile image61
    Princess Priscaposted 6 years ago

Earl, in my opinion, "Art" is unlimited in its versitility and expressive/creative forms.  New ideas are constant.  Creativity can't be "boxed" or "circled." 

For example: Ask a painter to express themselves by way of painting and ask a writer to express themselves by way of words.  Which one is going to run out of ideas first?

4. Amy Becherer profile image72
    Amy Bechererposted 6 years ago

I believe all art forms have unlimited versatility and expression, with the only constraints being within the artist. The differences in styles of painting, sculpture, the creation of jewelry, fashion, writing and music are as limitless as those that express their creativity through whatever medium captures their imagination.

5. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 6 years ago

What Amy said. It's not the medium, but the artist. Infinity and eternity is available to the artist, who can set his or her limits wherever.

6. Midnight Oil profile image80
    Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago

It has to be the written word - this takes you anywhere using your mind.   I have been taken back in time and catapulted to far off galaxies in the future.  I have been scared, angered, baffled, enlightened, amused and dare I say turned on by the written word... Long live the pen & all who weald this unique instrument of art...

7. Robin Cristy profile image62
    Robin Cristyposted 6 years ago

It doesn't matter the medium.  Art in itself is an expression of the artists idea, and yet one who admires and interprets a particular piece may hold another interpretation.  In other words, the art and the expression of that art continues to evolve.

8. Tracy Lynn Conway profile image95
    Tracy Lynn Conwayposted 6 years ago

All art forms are inherently limitless.

By saying that a singular art form is more versatile and expressive than another you are revealing the creative limitations of your own thought.

9. A.S.K.Preacher profile image60
    A.S.K.Preacherposted 6 years ago

I do not think you can make an honest decision about this. I cannot draw, but that does not mean someone else cannot take that same medium and be most versatile and expressive. It is not the form but the intention within the mind. This is how we break out of the "box."

10. Naomi Jayne profile image60
    Naomi Jayneposted 6 years ago

Great question,

I believe any art form were one tool
    (within hand or not)
    and object are connecting like one,
    to create an expression of interest would be the finest!

Within this you have the most creativity and versatility which then comes back to the mind of the tool holder,then to finalise the art piece.

11. Laura Schneider profile image91
    Laura Schneiderposted 6 years ago

The most versatile and expressive means of creative expression is only limited by an individual's mind--their attitude towards various means of expression and their absorbtion of it. My own preferences and talents lie in music and writing and diagramming, but I am by no means ruling out the possibility of using any other artform that strikes my fancy.

12. missBehavedArts profile image59
    missBehavedArtsposted 6 years ago

I believe ceramics is one of the most expressive forms. You use all your concentration, pain, sorrow, joy, excitement, ect. to produce a truly unique piece. A piece that has YOUR finger prints, your hands left you in that piece. smile