jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I need crafty ideas for kids age 8-12 on what to do with old cd or dvds.

1. MM Del Rosario profile image87
    MM Del Rosarioposted 6 years ago

I need crafty ideas for kids age 8-12  on what to do with old cd or dvds.

2. lydocia profile image60
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

With old discs, you can make shiny mobiles, they can even glue photos to the discs or draw on them. Other than that, you can frisbee with them, although that may not be such a good idea.

A quick Google search gave me these links:
    http://familycrafts.about.com/od/cdcrafts/CD_Crafts.htm
    http://www.squidoo.com/oldcd

3. waynet profile image75
    waynetposted 6 years ago

what I did with my kids was to draw around the old cd/dvds and then make a smily happy face with lots of crayons or glitter and cotton wool etc. it was fun to do and you can think of any art materials really.

4. instantlyfamily profile image81
    instantlyfamilyposted 6 years ago

Creating a "recycle" robot with your children can be fun and educational. Just collect a bunch of recyclables such as boxes, aluminium foil, cans, bottles, and anything else you can come up with (old dvd's /cd's). Then use these items to build a robot.

5. profile image0
    Béla Mongyiposted 6 years ago

CDs and DVDs are made of the type of plastic that is most difficult to recycle. One particular attribute that they possess is that they are shiny. So I would try to think of something that makes use of this. If you have fruit trees, a recycled CD scarecrow may be a good idea as birds tend to dislike flashes of light.

6. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

punch two holes, one on top and one on the bottom and hang them with paper clips. you can make recycled "bead curtains".

7. pjmartin profile image73
    pjmartinposted 5 years ago

Kids and crafts are a natural, fun fit. Turn your creative session into a recycling project when you start with old CDS or DVDs. read more

8. MimiKat33 profile image78
    MimiKat33posted 5 years ago

One of my favorite ways to reuse cds or dvds is to make a small scrapbook or photo album.

working