jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you had the time and resources, what would you hand make?

1. nikkiraeink profile image60
    nikkiraeinkposted 6 years ago

If you had the time and resources, what would you hand make?

2. ChrisPatrick profile image60
    ChrisPatrickposted 6 years ago

Would love to try quilting but seems to time consuming and labor intensive.  But once done, it is very much a piece of artwork.

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

I would learn to sew and make all kinds of fabulous dresses and things like curtains for my home.  Tote bags.  I would make all kinds of tote bags because I love them.  I would make them with all kinds of pockets, and they would have zippers and buttons at the top so no one can easily put their hands into them and steal things.

4. ayliss08 profile image61
    ayliss08posted 6 years ago

well, if i have time and resources, i would like to create my own unique jewelry by hands, for it is relatively easy, and very interesting, and really meaningful.

5. katherinethorell profile image80
    katherinethorellposted 6 years ago

Right now I'm trying my hand at jewelry crafting, but I would love to sculpt on a large scale It's just too expensive (depending on the material) for my lack of experience

6. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 6 years ago

I currently have a small craft business: I hand paint and stencil designs or sayings onto shirts or totebags. I really enjoy it, but I'm normally so busy with other things that I can't put all my efforts into it sad
    If I had both the financial and time resources, I'd definitely go into making wire jewelry. It's something that I've always wanted to try! I'd also do batik cloth, more types of bags and clothing. I'd even branch into making home accessories and ornaments.

7. bonnieinpixels profile image56
    bonnieinpixelsposted 6 years ago

If I had the time and resources, there would be nothing that I wouldn't hand make. The top three things that I'd like to learn are 1) welding! Metal craft is amazing and I think I have an interesting eye to be able to make some pretty epic metal sculptures, just no money or training. 2) shoes. I love shoes almost as much as I love crafting and to be able to make my own would be so amazing! High heels specifically. 3) Screen printed everything. This one I've come close to with stencils and screen printing paint, but I'd love to have a real screen printing studio with all of the mesh screens and squeegees and what not somewhere in my house. It'd be also the best. Haha.