jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Jewelry design: wire-work techniques

1. lee custodio profile image86
    lee custodioposted 6 years ago

Jewelry design: wire-work techniques

any tips on wire-work techniques? I would like to incorporate more wire art in my jewelry design but i'm limited to creating embellishment and coiling.

2. starstream profile image79
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

If you google wire working techniques you will likely find numerous sites showing free videos which will teach you these techniques.  Plus there are Beading magazines at your local book store.  Search through the articles to find your topic.  I wrote an article for beginners on beaded jewelry here.  Remember it takes practice and the proper materials and tools to create a nice piece.

3. Making-Jewellery profile image80
    Making-Jewelleryposted 6 years ago

Learning wire work techniques is like learning any new skill, you need to keep learning new things all the time. Set yourself a target, get yourself some great wire work books - written by top authors, with great pictures to follow. read more

4. Boots Iacono profile image79
    Boots Iaconoposted 5 years ago

have you tried weaving the wire around a sculped object made out of meltable material, such as frozen candle wax? I've never done it, but I would imagine it would be interesting to wave around one of those key shapes made of wax and then melting the wax right out of it.

5. JamesGrantSmith profile image60
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

DuckDuckGO has all the wire-work techniques you could ever want, anonymous so the NSA don't know which technique you are planning to use in your latest creation.