What is a Good Replacement Camera for the Nikon D50?

1. Linda Bliss profile image91
    Linda Blissposted 5 years ago

What is a Good Replacement Camera for the Nikon D50?

I've had my Nikon D50 for a couple of years now, and although I'm loving the whole Nikon experience and have bought several lenses for the camera, I feel its now past its 'best before date' with its 6 megapixels and six year old camera body.

My new camera would have to be small size & light weight (which probably rules out the more 'serious' models as they are just too heavy for me), fit my existing lenses, be faster and better all round than my existing D50.

Any Suggestions? yikes)

2. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 5 years ago

Linda Bliss, I have just gone through the same thing when my D80 body died on me.

I went through the whole process of uploading new software from NIKON and all of the troubleshooting tips, but, finally, I had to accept the fact that I had to get a new camera body.
    And, like yourself, and being frugal, I wanted to step up to more camera power, but at a minimal investment.
    So, I ended up looking at the D3100 camera body as my "best buy for the Buck" product.
    I suggest that you check it out. It has a 14+megapixel sensor, and also does HD movies. And, of course, I can use all  of my old lenses.
    I shopped around and I found a refurbished body, with a nice 18-55mm VR day-to-day lens on Adorama for just $499. It was refurbished by Nikon and the lens was new.  It had a Nikon warranty, and good Adorama return policy, so I jumped on it.
    It might be just what you want.   GOOD LUCK!

working