jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the purpose of an Artist?

1. Digitskyes profile image74
    Digitskyesposted 6 years ago

What is the purpose of an Artist?

What role do you think art and artists play in society and life.
    And what is the overall purpose of being artistic, is it only personal or is it something greater?

2. Moment556 profile image81
    Moment556posted 6 years ago

The purpose of an artist is to constantly and consistanly express ones self through creation of any medium.

3. yougotme profile image91
    yougotmeposted 6 years ago

In my Art Class, I've learned that the purpose of an artist is to let people see the unseen or things that are often neglected.

Hence, artists has the capacity to open the eyes, ears and thoughts of the people through their works.

With this, the purpose of artists is not just personal, but for something GREATER. smile

4. indranath profile image57
    indranathposted 6 years ago

purpose of an artist is to regenerate, to create new , to explore the truth and all aspects of knowledge.

5. Ciel Clark profile image73
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

Art and artists make society look at things in a way unknown.  That is probably one of the greatest benefits for society.  Most of the hard-core hundred percent artists I have known have not been happy.  Something goes missing when you concentrate that hard on the abstract.
    Something is gained, sure.  We've all (probably) felt that feeling when we are in some sort of artistic zone and it is like magic. 
    I don't know.  I have tried both and I would rather be happy...
    And this is personal and for things greater!

6. Aarzoo Thakur profile image38
    Aarzoo Thakurposted 6 years ago

They are a source of recreation. For many it is their life. Society without art is like a flower without fragrance. True beauty is missing

7. Phelcky profile image60
    Phelckyposted 6 years ago

Making art is about expressing feelings. Sometimes the feelings can't be said out loud. It is about getting a reaction out of people, and give them certain feelings or moods. Artist relax when they do art.

working