jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is your Adobe Product for Design Purposes? Indesign or Photoshop

1. indesign profile image36
    indesignposted 5 years ago

What is your Adobe Product for Design Purposes? Indesign or Photoshop

I recently come across with adobe Indesign. Is adobe indesign can be used for Designing purposes like that we used with Photoshop? Which tool you prefer?

2. SimplyComplexLife profile image58
    SimplyComplexLifeposted 5 years ago

I love photoshop the most, but I have been getting into Illustrator alot more because of the capabilities for editing that photoshop just does not have. I would like to use InDesign in the future but I just have never had a valid reason to learn it.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

InDesign is better for page layout, it is not for manipulating photos. I would use Illustrator for drawing and photoshop for photos, but to put your graphics and text together use InDesign.

4. dappledesigns profile image91
    dappledesignsposted 5 years ago

Each program has it's own purpose; Adobe Photoshop is for photos and Adobe InDesign is for pagination and page layout.

Adobe InDesign is specifically made to be able to handle projects for large printers that include packaging fonts, outputting spot / process colors and separating colors for the printers (CMYK). Each color has it's own plate (Cyan Magenta Yellow and Black). When you have black text in InDesign it will be true black and they will only need to line up one plate.

Black text in Photoshop will be flattened for the printer, the entire "photo" including the text will require all 4 plates. This means that the black text on the photo will have more of a chance of printing blurry because of the amount of plates required.