Drawing with Crayola. What's your best pencil or pen at Crayola?

1. waynet profile image72
    waynetposted 5 years ago

Drawing with Crayola. What's your best pencil or pen at Crayola?

Crayolas range of art materials are regarded as quality budget materials for young and experienced Artists. Which ones do you think are best to use for your own drawings and art?

2. Boots Iacono profile image79
    Boots Iaconoposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6741160_f260.jpg

I always get the standard crayola pencils in the 50 pack... The colors are absolutely vibrant, and the blending of colors is quite easy when compared to most other brands that i've used.

When sharpening these pencils you must take great care to use a hand sharpener, and sharpen them slowly and make sure to keep the pencil straight, as it is very easy to break the leads, which is actually the only complaint I have about the crayola pencils.

Do not get the erasable colored pencils, as the leads are too hard and the colors are too light unless you press really hard... this makes the blending of shadows and highlights EXTREMELY difficult.

I create all of my tattoo flash with these colored pencils, and the only time i use any other type of instrument is when i'm lining or dark shadowing. I use black ink for lining and I use charcoal for the deep shadowing as the crayola black is a bit too light to do black shadows.

The photo above was taken with a camera phone, so its not showing a great amount of detail, but it literally took me less than 10 min to color this in once I inked it.  Here i didn't use the charcoal for any of the shadowing... so you can see how simple this is to do with the crayola 50 pack.

working