jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it expensive to have 35mm slides transferred onto a CD?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

Is it expensive to have 35mm slides transferred onto a CD?

Any idea of the cost per slide?
    Is the quality of the picture usually as good the slide?
    Do I have to take these to a professional photographer to have them done?
    I don't really want to purchase a special scanner as these are the only slides I've ever taken.

2. profile image0
    iamaudraleighposted 5 years ago

My sister bought one a machine to do converting at home...very cool!  Look up Ion PICS 2 SD Image converter

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

About .35 per slide and most processors will allow you to pay for only those slides that you want.

Do some research because online prices can vary and whether you ship or take them directly to the store can also influence the cost.
    This does not take into account if you want your slides digitally fixed such as removing dust particles or have any other work done to them.

4. Lateral3 profile image59
    Lateral3posted 5 years ago

I've seen slide scanning at 15p each.  Wouldn't like to say how good it is or how well they treat your slides.  Professional scanning is quoted at 56p, and that was a reduction on the usual price, depends on the resolution.  I scanned mine up on a flat bed at 12600 dpi and although it makes a large file of it, what you see of the detail is limited by the resolution of your screen or printer.  Your local high street photo developer may run a scanning service.

Certainly my slides look better on a light box through a 7x loupe than they do on my screen.

5. thoughtfulgirl2 profile image92
    thoughtfulgirl2posted 5 years ago

Hi there,

I don't think it's too expensive.  Take you slides to a professional camera shop where they have a scanner that is especially designed to scan slides.  Once they're scanned, they can be put on a cd.  RITZ is a good one if there is one where you live.

6. photostudiosupply profile image61
    photostudiosupplyposted 5 years ago

I think you should do some online research before taking any decision. Most of the processors will allow you to do this but with some amount.

working