jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

What's your favorite thing to make yourself?

1. Mom Kat profile image79
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

What's your favorite thing to make yourself?

Cooking, crafting, art, or building... what is your favorite "homemade" thing to do?  what do you do with it? give it as a gift, or keep it for personal use, maybe donate it to a charity? 
    Why do you love making it so much, what is the special meaning behind your passion for doing it?

2. pearlmacb profile image74
    pearlmacbposted 5 years ago

hand crafted gift cards: it involves a combination of time/heart/creativity....I believe using up your time to create something special for someone is love, when I hear that they still have the card years later, its really a profound and beautiful feeling.

Mom Katposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that just the best! Thanks for sharing.  I bet your cards look amazing!

3. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

My favorite thing to make would be decorated gift bags and I make them to put Christmas gifts in because I design them exactly for the person I am giving them to.

This is so fantastic! I'm sure they love them. Thanks for sharing!

2. flashmakeit profile image70
      flashmakeitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Mom Kat.

4. lucymc135 profile image59
    lucymc135posted 5 years ago

Definitely making bracelets! I love using Irish Waxed Lined Chord, it's a lovely texture and is very durable! I either sell them (not expensive prices) or give them as gifts at Christmas and birthdays :-)

I make jewelry too smile  It's always nice to share your talents and gifts with others.  Thanks for sharing!  They make wonderful holiday gifts too, you're so right.

5. NewHorizons profile image82
    NewHorizonsposted 5 years ago

I like to do many things using my hands, clay sculpture for one, drawing and painting.  I cannot say at the moment what I like doing best because I tend to change from one hobby to another.  Perhaps a reed curtain?  It is fun to make, inexpensive and very useful especially if you live in a sunny climate like I do.  I have a hub about how to make a reed curtain.

Creative expression through art is awesome.  I can see why you have a difficult time picking your favorite medium smile  I appreciate you sharing, thanks!

6. msann1949 profile image59
    msann1949posted 5 years ago

One of my favorite things to make is baby blankets. I try to make one for all of my family and friends. One year I made lap blankets for the nursing home. I made twenty for them. It is my way of sharing with each a gift from my heart. It is a gift that will be used year after year. They are usually  one yard long and have a different backing than the front. I try to make them so that they can be kept as a gift for the child to give to their first child.
    I haven't been able to make but one this year. I haven't had the extra cash to buy the material. I am looking forward to being able to do it again.
    msann1949

how cool!  that is really sweet of you!

7. Sharkye11 profile image95
    Sharkye11posted 5 years ago

Pen and ink art would be my favorite thing to do myself. I can make art that fits whatever room or theme I need. I also give it as gifts. The next thing would be hand embroidery, which I also use to decorate my home and to decorate gifts for others.

Recently I have gotten into baby crafts. I love making bibs and other accessories for that are unique and fun for parents-to-be.

working