Which do you prefer more digital scrapbooking or scrapbooking?

1. viveresperando profile image74
    viveresperandoposted 5 years ago

Which do you prefer more digital scrapbooking or scrapbooking?

I love the traditional scrapbooking but I am very tight on money and I have been told that digital scrapbooking is less expensive.  There are quite a bit of free digital paper available as free downloads.  Anyone have an opinion on this?

2. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

I love both types of scrapbooking and I do both.  Digital is definitely cheaper, however, and it can also be faster.  Many products are for free as downloads.  I've written a hub about some of the best ones.  Be careful about where you download, however because I once got a nasty virus from downloading from a blog.  Go to reputable stores like Shabby Princess or Scapgirls or Digital Freebees.  The main cost for digital scrapbooking is buying a program to scrap with.  If you want to do this for a while, you will probably want to use Adobe Photoshop Elements, which can run around $100 for a new version.  However, you can get one of the older versions on ebay for much less.  Check to see what works with your computer.  If you want to view your pictures outside a digital environment, you will need to print them.  I have a hub comparing Shutterfly, Winkflash and Smilebox for printing.  Smilebox is actually a digital scrapbooking site which is free if you don't want to print.  It might be a good place to start to see if you like this sort of scrapbooking.  It is so easy my 9 year old can do it.  You can also do a kind of digital scrapbooking at Shutterfly with limited choices and this can be shared online with other people for free.  Finally, if you really get involved in digital scrapbooking, you may need a better computer to handle all of your stuff.  That is what happened to me, and I've written a hub about finding the best sort of computer for scrapbooking.  You will want a larger screen and maybe a bigger tablet.

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Tradional scrapbooking. My mother used to sell the stuff so we have five boxes of just scrapbooking supplies. Her dinning room is just a hobby room now with puzzles, paper, games, etc. About once or twice a year, I visit her home to craft a few pages of my latest scrapbook. There are a few family traditions the digital world should not replace.

working