jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

What are the best crafts to do with preschoolers to give as Christmas or holiday

1. twoseven profile image85
    twosevenposted 4 years ago

What are the best crafts to do with preschoolers to give as Christmas or holiday presents?

I want to do some simple crafts with my four year old son to give to family members for Christmas presents.  I feel like I should have lots of ideas, but I don't!  The only things I can think of right now are decorating picture frames, or decorating ornaments.

2. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

I think pop up cards or even a tissue paper wreath would be fun for them to put together.  It usually requires some glue, but not too big of a mess.  They are also projects that are age appropriate but also engage them as well.

twosevenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!  Great ideas!  He's really into pop up books right now, so that would be super fun to make pop up cards.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Here are some ideas:
    Paint/decorate flower pots and plant herbs or colorful annuals in them
    Make glycerin hand soaps in holiday shapes
    Glue or tape cinnamon sticks around small votive holders and tie w/ ribbon
    Customize a simple unfinished bird house
    Make a bird  feeder and include a bag of birdseed
    Make hanging critter cones w/ pinecones, peanut butter, and birdseed
    Embellish a plain artificial wreath or garland w/ handmade crafts.
    Make a jingle bell door hanger

What wonderful ideas!!! I especially love the idea of painting flower pots.  I think my son would really love that.  Thank you!!

2. cat on a soapbox profile image97
      cat on a soapboxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome smile  I hope you get to savor the time w/ your family. Kids grow up so fast. Merry Christmas!

4. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

One year I made a bird feeder for my mom that ended up being a Christmas present. Though, I think anything that they can use would be appreciated, like a pencil holder, coffee mug, book mark, or cookie jar.

What a sweet present - she must have loved it!  I like those other ideas a lot too.  That reminds me that as a kid we used to make book marks as gifts!  I like the idea of things you could paint on too, like the pencil holder or cookie jar.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image96
      M. T. Dremerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

When my wife and I were financially strapped one xmas, we made each other gifts and mine was a bookmark featuring her favorite animals. Simple, but thoughtful gifts can go a long way. smile

5. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 4 years ago

4 year olds can be a bit limited in their abilities, but you could make, decorate, and bake cookies together, then let him decorate bags or containers to give them in.

Great idea!  He does love making cookies with me, but usually that's just because he gets to sample the chocolate chips smile  I like the idea of him decorating the bags or containers.  That would be special for the recipients.

6. healthygurl profile image86
    healthygurlposted 4 years ago

We made our own granola this year (my 3.5 year old son and I) and put it in mason jars. My son's preschool teachers seemed to really like it! I have a really great recipe for coconut granola.....

working