Cannot move file .psd
Im trying to organize my image files into new directories for easier retrieval but Windows claims the file is in use by another application and cannot be moved.
I dont even have Photoshop running, nor are the files in use by any other person or application. I suspect the problem has to do with the small icon that photoshp created next to the file's name - a smaller version of the actual image.
Have you tried rebooting your computer? And then trying again? If that doesn't work do a full shutdown and restart your machine and try that. Sometimes windows holds on to the file in the background.
Some processes in PhotoShop just refuse to shut down, even when you close all Adobe programs. Try restarting your computer, and doing your organizing before opening PhotoShop.
There is a method of restoring .psd file via Fireworks below, but another methods has the same value, they are introduced as knowledge bases for .psd images
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/photoshoprepair.html Photoshop Repair Toolbox
1. Open the corrupt Photoshop file in Fireworks.
2. Use Fireworks to save it as a .psd Photoshop file. (Important: Do Not save it as a Fireworks file or another extension, because Photoshop may not recognize the layers, or you could lose data.)
3. Remember to give your file a different name when saving, so you won't overwrite your original. (A good idea would be to create a backup of your original before trying this procedure.)
4. Open your newly created file in Photoshop.
5. Remember that many effects will not show in Fireworks, but should show up in the Photoshop layers.
by kirstenblog6 years ago
Anyone here know about the different and mainly older versions of PS and specifically why I am loosing color! I have this amazing piece, rich and deep and almost sparkling and every time I save it to upload to the net...
by Dobson7 years ago
As of yesterday I cannot add photos to any of my hubs. After dsignating the place to upload from I hit the uplaod images button and the little uploading wheel spoins endlessly. I have been able to upload as recently as...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.