jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should I have all kind of brushes and colors when I'm painting acrylic?

1. franzformeloza profile image61
    franzformelozaposted 6 months ago

Should I have all kind of brushes and colors when I'm painting acrylic?

2. Kit Drazen profile image60
    Kit Drazenposted 6 months ago

basic color set is fine, mixing your own custom colors is half the fun! i like to have 7-8 different brushes, with duplicates of the ones i use most since one will be in the jar while i change colors.

3. kaitlynswaringen profile image61
    kaitlynswaringenposted 6 months ago

For a color palette, it is best to stick with a basic set. Most sets would include Azo Green, Virdian Green, Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red, Crimson, Sienna, Burnt Umber, Titanium White, Cobalt Blue, Yellow Orche, and a Violet. Black makes things very muddy and you can use other colors to make the black. Brushes are easy. Find a type that you like, depending on the shape and size, and get multiples of those. Keep a small variety of size, for larger and smaller areas. This is a good start for most painters, and helps keep them from getting overwhelmed.

4. lovetherain profile image81
    lovetherainposted 6 months ago

I have basic colors and some metalics. I blend most of my colors. Simply because it's cheaper, it would be nice to have a bigger variety of colors.

5. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 6 months ago

Acrylics come in hundreds of colors and are fun to work with. It's good to have the basic colors to start with as you can mix your own colors if needed. But you will love some of the premixed colors available.

Brushes are not all alike but an inexpensive variety pack will likely fill your need. For delicate lines I have trimmed a few of my brushes to suit the purpose I need it for.

working