jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

how can I get rid of the vomit smell out of the carpet from my 9 year old being

1. profile image48
    kats77posted 7 years ago

how can I get rid of the vomit smell out of the carpet from my 9 year old being car sick?

my 9 year old was car sick on the weekend and got it all over the carpet in the car. I have tried carpet cleaners and nothing is working. It smells like it just happened. The other kids don't want to go in the car.

2. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

Have you tried one of the proprietary fresheners like Febreeze?

Zoflora is another good one, otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is to take the carpet out, wash with copious quantities of hot soapy water, dry as best you can and leave outside in the fresh air to dry thoroughly.

If the carpets are damp, that will cause the smell to rise, whereas dry, that won't happen nearly so much if at all.

3. Teresa Schultz profile image81
    Teresa Schultzposted 7 years ago

Nicks answer sounds great - and I came to this question because my ten year old son threw up at 2am this morning.  I would suggest perhaps also sprinkle a little vanilla essence on the carpet to help you cope with the smell while the carpet dries out.

4. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Wash and a final rinse with a small quantity of synthetic vinegar does the trick. warmed vinegar left in rooms, that smell damp or of cooked food, especially seafood also works.

5. justom profile image70
    justomposted 7 years ago

Use vinegar and baking soda with a scrub brush. Works every time!  Peace!!

6. profile image54
    cpcardetailingposted 7 years ago

beyond these great answers I recommend purchasing an antibacterial agent for prevention of bacterial build-up in the long term.  Microban is a great product for this and can be purchased at topoftheline.com under the mold section.  It can be sprayed onto any surface that is not harmed by water.  Pricey but worth every penny in my opinion

7. Granny's House profile image66
    Granny's Houseposted 7 years ago

Take it to be detailed. The stuff they use gets everything out

working