jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does driving in snow stress anyone else? Why?

1. miamiyou profile image55
    miamiyouposted 7 years ago

Does driving in snow stress anyone else?  Why?

I haven't even left for work yet and I already have a headache knowing I have to drive in the snow.  It's not even winter, yet sad

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Yes, whilst we can drive sensibly, there will always be the morons who don't, who are also stupid enough to drive one handed, the other holding a mobile phone, this is bad enough in good conditions, it is lethal on snow, frost, and ice, and we have no control over what these idiots do with their cars slipping and sliding all over the road.

3. Abbasangel profile image75
    Abbasangelposted 7 years ago

Yes, because it has only snowed once since I have been driving and on that day it cracked my windscreen as it built up in  between the windscreen wipes, a lip of the bonnet and windscreen.

I saw so many people crash and I was a driver with less than 3 years experience.

Don't let it give you a headache though. Drive slow and leave with good time to get to your destination!

4. nifty@50 profile image75
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

Absolutely! Common sense tells you "Don't do it!" Your chance of an accident go up to over 20 times of a normal commute.

5. TahoeDoc profile image96
    TahoeDocposted 7 years ago

I live in Lake Tahoe, CA and driving in the snow is a fact of life here for up to 5 months of the year. That said, it's clearly more dangerous and more difficult than driving on dry roads. It gets worse here because we get a lot of visitors coming up to ski or snowboard from places where there is no snow. Visitors are often unprepared, so we locals have to be on the defensive all the time.

It's definitely more stressful for everyone knowing that your driving style has to change and that your car, and the car of others will not be as easily maneuverable or predictable.

Hope you are getting through ok. smile

working