jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people who drive giant pickup trucks tailgate and speed?

1. shuck72 profile image83
    shuck72posted 3 years ago

Why do people who drive giant pickup trucks tailgate and speed?

I often see people driving extremely large pick up trucks and more often than not they're in the left lane tailgating and speeding.  I have often wondered if it's simply the personality of people who buy these large trucks in the first place or maybe they're trying to draft off of other vehicles because they get such poor gas mileage?  Thoughts? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11885813_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Big trucks usually come with big engines. If the person driving is used to hauling equipment or lumber or whatever, and the bed is currently empty, it's hard to remember to slow down to compensate for the lighter ride.

Also, the vantage point in a truck is completely different, so close for you may not feel like close to the person driving the truck.

Or, it could be that the person in front of the truck is just driving too slowly. Here in Texas, driving up on someone's rear means they should pull over, into the slow lane, and let the faster traffic pass.

3. danicole profile image79
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

Because they think they bad to bone, badddddd tooo theee BONEEEE. The person driving it probably feels invincible and like nothing can touch them, so they feel they can get away with this bad behavior.
    Or
    Perhaps they can't control their trucks yet so they drive stupidly and think that's ok.

4. Daniella Lopez profile image92
    Daniella Lopezposted 3 years ago

Perhaps because they're compensating? You know what they say about guys with big trucks... wink

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the truck. It's the person behind the wheel. I do a lot of driving on country back roads large pickups are common, but rarely do I have any problem with them speeding and tailgating. I see that more with people driving old clunker cars. There are bad drivers everywhere and they drive all types of cars.

working