Are you pro or con about ethanol? Do you live in a state with a mandatory ethano

1. ptosis profile image81
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Are you pro or con about ethanol? Do you live in a state with a mandatory ethanol blending law?

My car says in the owner's manual to only have ethanol free (E0) gasoline but I live in a state with E85. Ethanol increases corn and soy bean prices - why are more and more states doing this?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4350616_f260.jpg

2. Tinsky profile image94
    Tinskyposted 7 years ago

We have a choice at the petrol bowser in Australia. Ethanol is not mandatory but it is cheaper. Our Mazda 3 is able to take ethanol blends but until September last year I preferred the best and most expensive super fuel that was available.  I was under the impression that the more expensive fuel was good for the car.  We had a starting problem with the engine.  Since February last year it sometimes took three turns of the ignition to get our 3 year old car to start and the mechanic could not find a problem.   Then I filled up with E10.  My car has not missed a beat since I started the vehicle at the servo....  Perhaps it was just coincidence but I prefer to think that maybe it was karma for doing the right thing for the environment.

Closed to reply

working