What was the best/worst cars ever made?

1. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

What was the best/worst cars ever made?

And why?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4392755_f260.jpg

2. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Edit: I'm thinking about writing about this actually...lol...we had a 1987 Mazda 626 (the white car in the pic)... It was so crummy that I call our laundry trolley and basket "the Mazda 626" and actually wrote Mazda 626 on it! It was like riding in a billycart...lol  Best for me would be the Lamborghini Countach...what a car!

3. jonbearr profile image57
    jonbearrposted 7 years ago

I would have to say that some of the worst cars ever made have been by Chrysler Corp.  They have the reputation for being the worst manufacturer in the US, and the US has the reputation of being some of the worst manufacturers worldwide.  So basically, they're the worst of the worst.  Like any automobile, it will run fine for a solid three years, but after that the incidence of repair will shoot up, and you’ll find they aren’t reliable.  Their re-sale value is also awful.  You can seemingly get a great deal on any used Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler because their value retention is dreadful.  A Sebring costs nearly $30K, and after less than 8 years, is worth about 8K .  Similarly, any Japanese car will be worth about $8K after about 8 years, having cost $10K LESS to begin with.  The extra $10,000 you just spent on your Chrysler product went out the window, and for what?  They have a lot of weird ideas.  For example, their new 300 has an optional 6.1L HEMI V8, but is only offered in an automatic gearbox.  A car as powerful as that should be marketed with a manual, it sounds like a real driver’s car! On the contrary, Japanese cars are unfortunately the best in market.  I say unfortunately because being from the US I only wish we could be the best, but I know that we aren’t. 

I know that you just had a problem with a Mazda, but they really make some of the greatest car.  Having issues like that is rare, and like anything, no car lasts forever, but it’s significantly more common for a Japanese car to hit 200,000 miles than any other.  The Mazda MX-5 Miata is in my opinion, on of the greatest cars ever developed.  It may be considered to be a bit of  ‘chick car’ but it’s genius.  It’s a small, affordable, two seat roadster.  It’s got around 270hp, and is very lightweight, so it’s actually quite fast.  However, they’re squeezing all of that power out of a four-cylinder engine, so it’s actually quite efficient as well.  I would prefer to buy a first-generation, when they still had flip up lights.  Although it’d be old, I would feel confident buy it, because it’s a Mazda.

working