jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is a good price that you would pay to have your car washed?

1. chasemillis profile image66
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

What is a good price that you would pay to have your car washed?

What would you pay if the person washing your car came and washed your car for you? I want to make a little money on the side, so I'm thinking about washing cars for $10. I want to wash the cars of the people in my neighborhood, to make it easier for me and the customer. I only wash the outside, so is that price reasonable? I do have a wetvac vaccume, so I could add that in to the package, but I'm just wondering if $10 is a good price for a car wash (at their house too)

2. LeisureLife profile image74
    LeisureLifeposted 6 years ago

It sounds like a reasonable price.  Just make sure that you do a good job!

Another idea is to offer different types of "cleans".  You could offer just the outside for a certain price or just the inside or both...

I have payed around $80 before for a premium outside/inside clean...

People love their cars, and some are willing to pay if the result looks good!

3. jpcmc profile image89
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

In the Philippines car wash business is everywhere.  A sedan costs roughly $2-$3 (larger vehicles cost more). It includes exterior soaping (car shampoo of course), rinsing and drying, vacuuming of the inside of the car, tire black, tire pressure checks and if you're lucky you get a free cup of coffee while you wait.

4. The Jet profile image76
    The Jetposted 6 years ago

Hmm. Detail and everything? Maybe 40 to 50 bucks. I love my car.

5. pmozingo profile image57
    pmozingoposted 6 years ago

Here in North Carolina, if someone comes to your house and washes your car, just for the outside is $20.00. You've got to do a very good job though. Wash, dry down, clean windows on the outside, detail wheels and wheel wells and clean rims very good. I haven't paid $10.00 since the 80's.