jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Would anyone pay $20 for a car wash if the person came to your house? More peopl

1. chasemillis profile image66
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

Would anyone pay $20 for a car wash if the person came to your house? More people's answers= better

I can wash the outside and vaccume the inside of cars, along with armor all-ing the tires and cleaning the rims. Is that price too high or too low? What do you think?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It sounds way low to me, especially since you are making house calls.  We had our car washed and detailed and it was $90, add wax and it goes up.

If you can do all of that in an hour, that makes your hourly rate under $20 because you have to figure your drive time and cost of gas and supplies.  I think that is very low.

I would call a few car detailing place and inquire about their fees.

3. weholdthesetruths profile image60
    weholdthesetruthsposted 6 years ago

You question lacks enough information to be a useful guide.  First, define "car wash".  Is that just "get wet, rinse off mud"?  Or is it "scrub thoroughly, hand dry, wax and buff, vacuum out, clean windows, mats, and interior?  Does it include any cleaning under the hood?

If that's just a quick rinse off, forget it.  I'll do it myself.   If it includes most of the above?   It's a steal.

4. Melissa.P profile image58
    Melissa.Pposted 6 years ago

I honestly would not pay $20 for a car wash, regardless if they came to my house or not.

5. mcrawford76 profile image84
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

I would say no regardless of price. I like washing my car.

6. chasemillis profile image66
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

sorry for not clarifying - I would include a hand wash of the outside, a tire spray, rim shine, vacuume, armor-all wipe down (on the inside), and then the windows with windex. Then I would hand dry it.

I would not wax it or buff it, it's basically just a very detailed car wash (inside and out)

btw thanks for the feedback, kind of on both ends of the spectrum - its way too low or its way too high...btw I would only be washing cars that are in my neighborhood, so gas wouldn't be too big of a problem, at least in the beginning of my little business venture

7. lengsilai profile image59
    lengsilaiposted 6 years ago

Reasonable, I 'll pay for it!  How about waxing, how much will you charge?