jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your opinion on driving while talking on a handheld phone?

1. DJBudd profile image73
    DJBuddposted 6 years ago

What is your opinion on driving while talking on a handheld phone?

I'm all for the no texting and driving.  Anything that takes your eyes off the road is a bad idea.  But using a hand to hold a phone to your ear is a bit different.  What's your opinion?

2. profile image0
    MP50posted 6 years ago

Here in Sweden a person is allowed to use a hand held phone while driving.

I think Sweden is one of the very few European Countries that  still allow this.

Personally I think it is Dangerous, everyday I see people talking and texting while

driving, no concentration. Just my input, good question.

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

While you're wittering, you are not concentrating on the job in hand, whether that be someone else in the car or on the phone.  It is a short step from talking on the phone whilst driving to dailing a number.  When someone phones you it is generally for the caller's benefit, if you are expecting a cal, either pull over before you take it or don't be driving.  When you are driving you arte responsible for the health an safety of other road users, whilst on the phone you cannot discharge that responsibility.  Generally there is not much important in a phone call, we managed to survive for millenia without mobile phones, the call can wait.

4. xethonxq profile image63
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I think people who talk on their phones while driving tend to drive slower or much faster than the posted speed (usually slower in my opinion). It drives me berserk especially when they could just put their cruise control on to keep a steady speed. And....why is it I'm always behind the person on the phone when we are on a road that has several no passing zones? lol Never fails!

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I really believe it is dangerous.  Driving takes tremendous concentration and if you are on the phone, or trying to dial your cell, you are not watching the road.  There may be people who can do it with no repercussions - but I know a lot of people who have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time--I hate to see them using a cell phone while driving.

6. pistolaro profile image59
    pistolaroposted 6 years ago

I think Texting and talking on a cell phone while driving should be outlawed. It is a Deadly combination. i was riding my harley on my way home from work and some jerk rearended me at 40 MPH because he was haveing phone sex with his girl friend while he was driving. i got lucky and survived but it could have been a hell of alot worst. i feel that if they outlaw it a person cought doing it should get 5 years hard time, after all if you kill someone while useing a cell phone and driveing, it is the same a putting a gun to someones head and squeezing the trigger. you  still took someones life!!!!!

7. profile image55
    HRoy39posted 6 years ago

Simple Don't do it. it's not worth some one life...