jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should driving a car while talking on a hand held cell phone be illegal?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image61
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

Should driving a car while talking on a hand held cell phone be illegal?

What about situations where there is no traffic or very light traffic?

What if you quickly answer phone and tell the caller you are driving and will call back later?

What if you are involved in an accident while talking on your cell phone?

2. Quilligrapher profile image87
    Quilligrapherposted 8 years ago

Driving a car while talking on a hand held cell phone is already illegal in New York State and elsewhere.  Yet, I still see it happening daily.  I believe that it is a practice that increases the risks to drivers, passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians and anyone who argues otherwise is in serious denial. 
    Q

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 8 years ago

For some yes. Some people cannot chew gum and walk simultaneously. It really isn't so different than talking on a CB radio or even the police who talk on their radios while driving. The problems arise from dialing phone numbers or texting while driving.   Much like the idiots who read maps while driving too. I don't think it should be illegal, but still it may be best. I'm still on the fence with this one. Maybe voice activation is best.

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image80
    Mikel G Robertsposted 8 years ago

Distracted driving is the true issue, there is no way we can legislate good common sense. Our society is trying very hard to do just that. Law after law is being created in a vain attempt to never let happen again a lapse in judgement that had bad consequences. It can't be done, we will always find another way to be distracted, or against our best efforts, make a bad judgement call. Teach people to think better, increase the common sense of the nation, and you'll get the result your looking for.

5. profile image43
    G. Happy Douglasposted 7 years ago

I HAVE PROOF IT SHOULD BE AND CAN SEND AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SEE IT.
    SHOW THESE PICTURES ESPECIALLY TO YOUR TEENS AND SEE THE REACTION YOU GET. MY GRANDKIDS SIGNED AN OATH NOT TO TEXT AND DRIVE AFTER SEEING THESE PHOTOS.

Closed to reply

working