jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is driving standard shift becoming a forgotten thing?

1. Joelipoo profile image80
    Joelipooposted 6 years ago

Is driving standard shift becoming a forgotten thing?

2. profile image0
    excellasysposted 6 years ago

Yes it is.. I myself have not driven one in nearly 10 years.  I think that in the US with the significant traffic owning a manual transmission cars is not very practical.  I can not see myself buying a manual in a true sports car however.

3. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I hope not! I've driven a standard for years and I love it!!!! And no, my car isn't ancient!! When I drive my husband's automatic I don't know what to do..I'm so used to pushing in the clutch and shifting.

4. Leaderofmany profile image61
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

No, two of my vechiles are standards. If you want a true sports car you need to know how too. Most of my cars have been standards. If they weren't standard they had the option to be both.

5. Brian Baird profile image59
    Brian Bairdposted 6 years ago

People who have commute daily in our overcrowded cities tend to shy away from manual transmissions but people who love to just drive enjoy the challenge

6. Johnrr631992 profile image88
    Johnrr631992posted 6 years ago

Honestly it is. Some say that one who truly knows how to drive standard can drive faster than an automatic, but with technology now a days, although it may not be the true sport feeling, cars are faster as automatics. On a personal note i prefer standard over automatic, but it is becoming forgotten

working