jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does your car have an automatic transmission or manual?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image88
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

Does your car have an automatic transmission or manual?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Automatic.  I hate having to use a clutch in any kind of traffic...it gets tiring.

3. capon profile image60
    caponposted 5 years ago

Manual, but I am British and we Brit's have a heritage of using manuals. Having said that there are more and more automatic cars being driven in the UK. My own parents, now in their 70's, are using an automatic for ease of driving.
    At the present time I don't think I'll convert as every time I'm in an automatic I think to my self "...they're over-revving the engine. Why don't they change up?" I then remember I'm in an automatic! Tony

4. Mrs Jil Manning profile image80
    Mrs Jil Manningposted 5 years ago

Its manual, but if I had my way it would be automatic, for exactly the reason that Duffsmom gave, its so much easier in traffic.

5. Angela Blair profile image79
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

I'e driven a manual transmission (pickup truck) for years and only recently decided it's time for an automatic. I broke my pelvis in a horse wreck some years ago and it's never bothered me -- until now -- with age -- and an automatic is much easier with any kind of bone or muscle problem. I love my little Toyota automatic -- it's taken away a lot of stress (but I also miss my truck!)

6. hiwinder profile image78
    hiwinderposted 5 years ago

My sports car and my collector car both have manual transmissions.  My daily driver is an automatic.

working