jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Do you drive a car or ride a bike ?

1. freecampingaussie profile image64
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

Do you drive a car or ride a bike ?

My husband bought me a scooter for work & I wondered if many of you use one or do most drive a car ?

2. Derek Ober profile image61
    Derek Oberposted 5 years ago

I have a car, bike, and scooter. I use all three regularly. The scooter is the best option if I am just driving to someplace near by. It gets great gas mileage. Yes, I do look a little ridiculous being six foot four and riding a scooter but hey I am saving money. My suggestion is that if you could not walk to your destination in 10-20min; You might want to take a vehicle instead. Also, do not go on any main roads since scooters have a max speed of 35 mph (in most states) before they are considered motorcycles.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I live in a very rural area where there is no public transportation, and the roads are mountainous.  So I drive my car.  But I really only use it a couple of days per week.

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I drive a car, but I have been talking to my hubby about getting a scooter for those short trips to the grocery,etc.  The gas savings would be a benefit.

1. freecampingaussie profile image64
      freecampingaussieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thats why we got the scooter - save a fortune + wear & tear on our 4 wh drive !

5. Wing Girl Kim profile image81
    Wing Girl Kimposted 5 years ago

Definitely uses less gasoline than a car. Just make sure to wear protection, and brake soon when you see trouble. Always look around you, left, right, ahead, and behind. Flash your brake lights when you are stopped at a traffic signal to help get drivers' attention behind you. If you can, take a motorcycle safety course.

I ride my motorcycle around New York City on the weekends, and sometimes during the week when I have to run around a lot.

1. Ian Melrose profile image61
      Ian Melroseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's good to hear things are the same on both sides of the Atlantic.  We have the same issue here in the UK.  Speaking as a car driver and a biker there is no doubt driving standards are declining.

6. Ian Melrose profile image61
    Ian Melroseposted 5 years ago

Both.  A car is necessary for my work and because I have kids to move around.  A bike is my preferred mode of transport, my stress relief, pastime and transport for those shorter journeys into the office when I don't have to wear a suit.  Given a choice the bike would win in all but the worst weather.

7. johnmarsh098 profile image61
    johnmarsh098posted 5 years ago

In my collage days, I used to ride a bike and I enjoyed it too much...now since past many years I drive a car daily..

8. annart profile image87
    annartposted 5 years ago

I drive a car and I ride a Yahama 250 SR custom bike.  I love both; I've always loved driving and used to do some rallying.  My partner got me started on bikes, first riding pillion then learning to ride myself. 
    My car is my first love; I'm happy to drive every day and I don't care how many miles I have to go, I'll just get into the groove and keep going!  I've always drive to work and on holidays.
    I ride my bike purely for pleasure on dry, sunny days around the country roads; we ride in convoy and it's great fun.