jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why do people ride motorcycles?

1. hasian profile image58
    hasianposted 7 years ago

Why do people ride motorcycles?

2. Clark Grizvold profile image70
    Clark Grizvoldposted 7 years ago

Some people ride them for the gas efficiency.  Not me.

When I rode a motorcycle it was for the freedom I felt.  Nothing between me and the open road except a roaring engine and some rubber.  I found it quite thrilling to move at such speeds on the outside of a vehicle. 

Then I started going to funerals of people that had died in crashes.  At the same time my experience on a bike was giving me the courage to drive more and more reckless.  I was going faster, turning faster, and driving more to get the adrenaline I had once got.  I finally decided that the risk wasn't worth the thrill and sold my bike and now I just drive.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

For the thrill, the danger and the sense of freedom, and for the fun of it.

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Sorry, this is absurd.  Why do people drive cars, fly in aeroplanes, paint pictures, write inane questions on hubpages?

5. profile image0
    Derdriuposted 7 years ago

Motorcyclists have shared with me that they love most of all the feeling of the wind all along their bodies as they move through space. It's a sensation that can be found only partially in a convertible or on a bicycle.

6. profile image46
    BDRiggsposted 7 years ago

The freedom you feel going down the road.  The things you see while going down the road.  You feel where you are going.  It's like you get in your car and drive fast in your car to get where you are going.  That feeling is what it feels like on a bike and you don't have to ride fast to feel it.  It's more relaxing, I think it's just as safe or even safer riding a bike then driving a car.  Better control, better brakes,  better attention to whats going on around you and more ability to avoid others.

7. Damon I'Anson profile image43
    Damon I'Ansonposted 7 years ago

Because it's less exhausting than pushing them.

8. profile image51
    jonardgolleposted 5 years ago

There are a lot reasons why people prefer motorcycle over 4 wheeled gas guzzlers. As a personal point of view, it is more of the sense of freedom when riding a bike. It is a bit risky compared to cars but the insurance is surely going to vary.

9. Detroitdiesel profile image60
    Detroitdieselposted 4 years ago

This is a fundamentally important question, but it has a twist to it!
    If a person has to "Ask the question"  Why do people ride motorcycles?
    They would not be able to understand the answer!!

The only way a person can understand this most difficult question of all time is by Osmosis.

working