jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What was your first car?

1. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

What was your first car?

2. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

An '87 Honda CRX. It was a nice little car that gave me my great love for Hondas. I would love to have one today.

1. profile image0
      twinlyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I want one of these too.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

My first car was a 1978 Datsun (Nissan) 280z. Cherry red and would fly. Loved that car.

4. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

Mine was an absolute rust-bucket Triumph that had leather seats and beautiful walnut veneer on the dashboard. Lasted a whole three months before dying a horrible death. It was fun while it lasted.

5. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

My first car was a VW Beetle, 1958, green and yellow, no fuel gauge but extra volume in reserve by turning a special tap, top speed about 59 mph with five crammed in going down hill, big 15 inch wheels, drum brakes all round, loud exhaust (air cooled engine), massive white plastic steering wheel...cost me 30 British pounds. Beautiful.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

1959 Studebaker. A real piece of junk that I paid $75 for. It burned so much oil, I carried a case of it in my trunk.  But it got me where I needed to go and gave me a lot of freedom.

7. profile image0
    twinlyposted 5 years ago

I drove an 84 cavalier. It broke down over 17 times in the year I owned it. One of the scariest times it died on me was on railroad tracks on a busy traffic day. I wished I could have left it there.

working