jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What was your first car?

1. hecate-horus profile image80
    hecate-horusposted 5 years ago

What was your first car?

Mine was a 77'Grand Prix.  It was a boat and I LOVED IT.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

My first car was a 1978 Datsun (Nissan now) 280z. Candy apple read. I loved it.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

My first car was a second-hand 1958 VW Beetle.   It was my pride and joy.  Before that I'd owned motor cycles of varying power 500cc 650 cc and 700cc - these you might call 'the poor man's sports car.'   However, once married and settled down, the bikes went and the cars began.

1. flash167 profile image88
      flash167posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Now that I'm reaching 50 years old, I'm wanting a bike again!

4. laidbacklady profile image79
    laidbackladyposted 5 years ago

My first car was a  1978 Pontiac Phoenix, silver gray with burgundy vinyl interior (mint inside!) also a burgundy landau roof. The trunk had a huge patch of oxidized paint on it, and the rest of the body had only a little bit of rust. Overall, it was a really nice car. And that baby flew! All I had to do was tap the gas pedal and I was doing 75 in seconds flat! As you can imagine, as a new driver, that did cause a bit of a problem with local law enforcement, but I learned quickly and never did get an actual ticket for speeding--only warnings!

5. flash167 profile image88
    flash167posted 5 years ago

My first car was a 1968 Pontiac Tempest.  As a teenager I spent all of my money and time fixing it up and as soon as it was finished I totaled it out on my way to get flowers for my girlfriend.

Soon after that I purchased a 1961 mercury parklane in nearly perfect condition with less than 50,000 miles for only $250.  The trunk alone was so huge that you had to climb in to get to the back.  Sure wish I still had that car.  Oh yes, in case your wondering, no, I didn't crash that one.

6. aviannovice profile image90
    aviannoviceposted 5 years ago

I had a 1974 mustang.  By the time I got it, it was an older car that I got from a dealer.  It was an automatic, and especially appealing because I graduated high school in 1974.

working