jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Any special tip for driving Car in heavy Rains?

1. Tarun Bajaj profile image65
    Tarun Bajajposted 5 years ago

Any special tip for driving Car in heavy Rains?

Many problems are faced during car driving in rains, I have experienced a lot, but as I am new to driving (just 4 months), I want to know if they are special tips by experts

2. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 5 years ago

Never pull over to the side of the road.  This is a good way to get rear ended!  Always slow down and put your emergency flashers on.  If you do see a business to pull over into do it and get off of the road until the rain lets up.  Usually downpours such as the ones where you can't see don't last very long.

Tarun Bajajposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mam! for your much needed advice...

2. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are more than welcome.  I have investiaged so many wrongful death claims from people pulling over during a downpour.  Be careful!!!

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Slow and steady is about the best advice--that and as Sarra says, pull over into a business if it is a blinding downpour.

Tarun Bajajposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Pull Over is the last option available.

4. lupine profile image73
    lupineposted 5 years ago

Drive a slower speed than posted, with traffic flow. Don't go too slow because that will cause an accident too. Leave enough room in front of your car to brake, during rain, especially heavy rain, you will take longer to stop or your car could slide if brake too fast. Important: be sure you windshield wipers are working and the rubber blades are in good condition. If not cleaning well, or just smudge or streak, replace the rubber blades asap. If you can wait for the rain to stop or slow down before driving, that would be good too. Better Safe Than Sorry!

working