What is the cheapest or junkiest vehicle you have ever driven?

1. drpennypincher profile image94
    drpennypincherposted 5 years ago

What is the cheapest or junkiest vehicle you have ever driven?

Mine was a 1983 Dodge Ram pickup truck with a homemade topper.  It was about 20 years old when I got it.  You could see through the floor in places and would get wet driving it if there were puddles on the road.

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

1959 Studebaker, my first car purchased in 1969. I paid $75 for it and carried a case of oil in the trunk because it burned oil like crazy.  When I married we sold it for junk and it was hauled away. A very ugly car but it was all mine and I loved the independence it gave me.

3. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

1981 Chevy Citation that I got for free back in 2008. One day, I was in a parking lot and I heard some guy yell, "hey you want a car?" Of course at first I was like, ya sure, what kind of scam is this. Turns out it wasn't. He was just dumping the car to get rid of it. The steering wheel was tore to pieces so you had to start it by jamming a screwdriver in the side and manually pulling up on the ignition lever and the water pump was frozen but I was still able to get it home. Spent a lot of time on that car actually. I kind of liked it. Never did get it running right though. I had to rebuild a lot of the electronics which would normally be in the steering column (lights, horn, ignition, turn signals, etc.) but I never got the engine running very well. I think at some point my landlord told me to get it off the property so it was parked on the street. Then eventually the city came and took it.