jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever driven down a one-way street going the wrong way on accident?

1. zeke2100 profile image78
    zeke2100posted 4 years ago

Have you ever driven down a one-way street going the wrong way on accident?

One time I saw this elderly man driving down the parkway and make a u-turn underneath the overpass. The only problem was that he was going the wrong direction and into traffic. I wondered how long he had been driving down the parkway like this. That can be dangerous.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8072648_f260.jpg

2. Thief12 profile image89
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Not regularly, but casually, I did it a couple of weeks ago. It was on a shortcut I frequently take when I drive to work, but this time I took it when I was coming FROM work, so I wasn't that used to all the roads the other way around. Somehow I realized I was driving the wrong way once I turned into it.

3. prektjr.dc profile image86
    prektjr.dcposted 4 years ago

I did this once in downtown Kansas City!  My youngest son was helping the Civil Air Patrol and had volunteered to help with crowd control during an air show held at the airport in downtown Kansas City.  We got up extremely early, drove 3 hours to get there and we were totally lost!  I was going down one street and saw the entrance to the airport and turned and headed that way!  About 2 blocks later, I had 3 cars coming straight at me flashing their lights!!  I quickly turned into an alley and turned around!!  SCARY and totally hilarious!!  My sons will never let me live this one down!  I am especially careful now to watch for directional signs in bigger cities!!

1. zeke2100 profile image78
      zeke2100posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a story that you will never forget.

4. Sharkye11 profile image95
    Sharkye11posted 4 years ago

Not yet! Kind of a miracle that it hasn't happened yet though. My area of OK doesn't always have good signs for things. There are many confusing entrances, exits, loops, etc, that are unmarked. You are just supposed to "know". I guess they figure everyone has lived here their whole lives and should have inherited the gene for navigation.

5. Tammy L profile image78
    Tammy Lposted 4 years ago

That's the only way to get around Ft. Worth, Texas.  Their one way streets never stay in the say direction.

working