jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think about going to work on a flying car?

1. Fatiha profile image76
    Fatihaposted 4 years ago

What do you think about going to work on a flying car?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8499813_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    kylesandersonposted 4 years ago

Awful idea. How am I supposed to use traffic as an excuse for tardiness?

Fatihaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

u can always say my wing broke down....

2. profile image0
      kylesandersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

very true. good thinking.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

By the time it becomes common it will be 'hands off' as far as any controls are concerned, the whole things being run by a huge master-computer.  Individual people just won't be trusted.  Not after the number of people killed and injured just using 'two dimensions' of space.

I rather suspect that even owning such a vehicle might not occur, the ownership being done by a central company or government.  We will just talk into a machine of some sort, given our instructions where we are and where we'd like to go and when, and the flying machine will arrive and take us there; all air-traffic separation being done by GPS Navigation. 

I guess you could say that travelling for travellings sake will just become a bore.  The upside is we have no 'hoons on the road breaking our eardrums with their loud exhaust pipes.   Tyre marks by 'wheelies' at midnight will also be a thing of the past.

Fatihaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes I guess it would be boring but think about what else can we do in that time frame. For me, I could get a good sleep!

working